The St. Charles Park District is committed to promoting a safe, clean and fun environment for all participants and guests. The Park District expects fair, ethical and respectful behavior to create an enjoyable experience in our programs, services and facilities. We respect and understand the wish to compete, but competition should stay within the spirit of the game and within the rules. It is important to show your appreciation in return by respecting the officials, personnel, players and/or equipment, program rules and this sportsmanship policy.
This policy applies to ALL participants, spectators and anyone associated with each team before, during and after the game. Everyone involved should hold themselves accountable. St. Charles Park District team members are eager to be of assistance. Guests and participants should not hesitate to notify Park District Associates when assistance is needed.
Participants in any St. Charles Park District league, program or event, must pledge to:
- Respect the game, play fairly, and follow all rules and policies.
- Accept the decisions of officials without protest.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, win or lose.
- Be responsible for the sportsmanship of teammates and assist in maintaining a respectful environment for all participants.
- Be courteous to officials, opposing teams, monitors, or facilitators and treat all players and officials with respect.
- Help to maintain and keep all equipment and conditions at the facility/park in good condition.
- Obey all facility rules, while respecting all equipment, common areas, playing areas, parking areas, and surrounding neighborhoods.
Infractions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct
- Use of abusive language or profanity
- Engaging in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well being of any player, official or spectator
- Engaging in verbal, written, or physical threats or abuse aimed at any participant, official or spectator
- Initiating a fight, scuffle, or physical exchange with any participant, official or spectator
Infractions may result in:
- A verbal warning
- A written warning
- Immediate removal from the facility
- Suspension from Park District property
- Suspension for a designated period of time
- Revocation of activity privileges