2021-2022 School Year Information
For students in PM Kindergarten & 1st-5th Graders
Offered in cooperation with Community Unit School District 303 and held at various schools, Baker Station provides a caring, secure environment. Children will enjoy arts & crafts, participate in small/large motor activities, read stories, play board games, do homework and have a snack. Participants will also go outside, weather permitting.
Baker Station begins after school. To pick up your child(ren), parents will need to call the site phone and a staff member will walk them outside to your car. Children must be picked up by 6pm.
If District 303 schools are closed, Baker Station will NOT be held. Please plan to make alternate arrangements.
Baker Station Sites
- Bell Graham
- Davis (includes Richmond)
- Ferson Creek
- Lincoln (includes Anderson)
- Richmond (includes Davis)
- Wild Rose
Corron and Norton Creek schools will continue to be served onsite by South Elgin Recreation and West Chicago Park District. Private schools will not be able to participate until further notice.
There is a new registration form required to sign up for this program. Online registration will not available. A non-refundable program deposit is required.
After registering, you will receive an eMail from ePACT, the District’s secure emergency network, to create an account and complete medical & emergency contact information.
Rules due to COVID-19
- If your child gets sent home from school, s/he are not permitted to attend Baker Station.
- Reduced program sizes while continuing to offer a 1:10 instructor to participant ratio.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines of 6 feet, as appropriate.
- Face coverings required unless eating or outside with proper distancing.
- Minimize shared supplies, toys and equipment.
- Frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Pre-packaged snacks and inviting snacks from home.
- Follow CUSD303 guidelines – not using playgrounds during the program.
- Park District staff will be self-administering Wellness Checks following protocols prior to every shift.
- Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of supplies, equipment and physical spaces. Same cleaning materials and protocols will be in place as used by CUSD303.
- Zero-tolerance behavior policy. Refer to Program Handbook.
- One authorized pick-up person must be available ASAP if your child becomes ill during program time. Staff strongly encourage each participant to have one Authorized Pick-Up within 20 minutes of program site.
5-day • $2,350/year* | $235/month
4-day • $2,100/year* | $210/month
3-day • $1,780/year* | $178/month
2-day • $1,200/year* | $120/month
*Based on ten (10) months, Aug 1-May 1
- Pay the $50 non-refundable program deposit, if applicable, and full activity registration fee at the time of registration.
- Non-refundable deposit waived if registered by July 15
- Pay the $50 non-refundable program deposit, if applicable, and have the program balance split between monthly payments, automatically withdrawn from your bank account. Monthly payment information is required at the time of registration. The first payment will occur on August 10. Following payments will occur on the 1st of each month beginning September through May.
- Electronic Check Payment (ECP) Monthly payments will be automatically debited from your checking or savings account.
- Credit Card Authorization (CCA) Monthly payments will be automatically charged to your credit card: Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express
- Full refunds will be granted if a valid physician’s written excuse or proof of relocation out of the area are submitted. Refunds may be pro-rated based upon the remaining number of classes in the session.
- The Park District reserves the right to review and make the final decision on all refunds.