View on Map In Historic Downtown St. Charles
In 1957, Baker Memorial Park, formerly East Side Park, was dedicated in honor of Colonel Ed Baker’s 89th birthday.
This park is home to one of the Park District’s permanent sculptures, Framework for a Donut by Howard J. Russo, sponsored by the Public Art Committee of the Downtown St. Charles Partnership in cooperation with the Park District. It was dedicated October 27, 2007.
The Park District is grateful to The Dellora A. and Lester J. Norris Foundation for its support of this park site. Annually the Foundation makes a financial contribution to the District for the upkeep and maintenance of this historic park.
- Landscaped Plaza
- Park District Owned
- 0.9 acres
Main St & N. 5th Av