PRESCHOOL provides an understanding and caring environment to help your child grow and develop relationships with other children and adults. Teachers assist in nurturing your child’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development through developmentally-appropriate and educational group activities and imaginative, free play. Preschoolers will venture outdoors, weather permitting. All preschool classes focus on kindergarten readiness and encourage children to:
- practice fine motor skills with numerous hands-on activities, such as squishing playdough, lacing cards, stringing beads, using scissors and doing puzzles
- promote gross motor skills with participation in physical activities, such as running, climbing, riding a tricycle and kicking a ball
- gain exposure to the alphabet, numbers and early math concepts
- foster an inspired passion for literacy and expand vocabulary
- socialize with peers to learn etiquette, respect and cooperation
- acquire independence, build self-esteem and develop problem-solving skills
- explore creative awareness through music, art and science
CLASS LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Twos Plus: Must be age 2½ by Sep 1, 2017. If children use pull-ups, a parent/guardian must be within 5 minutes of PCC.
Threes: Must be age 3 by Sep 1, 2017 and toilet trained.
Fours: Must be age 4 by Sep 1, 2017.
Pre-K: Must be age 4 by Sep 1, 2017 and sign up for four days of preschool.
Experience a structured classroom setting that’s rich in educational materials to nurture your child’s growth and development.
Hickory Knolls Preschool
Engage your senses, spark your curiosity and explore the living world around you while discovering the elements of nature.
A great way to keep children engaged all year round and prepare them for fall preschool or kindergarten.
Park District Registration Form
For more preschool information, contact:
- Recreation Supervisor LynneYuill at 630-513-4326 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Superintendent of Recreation Katie Miller at 630-513-4390 or email@example.com
Classes fill up quickly!
Staff encourages you to place your name on a wait list because some openings may become available throughout the school year. Call the Recreation Department at 630-513-6200 for more information.
1. Pay the full activity registration fee at the time of registration.
2. Choose to have monthly payments, determined by the total number of classes, automatically withdrawn from your bank account. Monthly payment information is required at the time of registration. A $50 initial payment per session will secure your child’s place in this program. Payments will occur on the 15th of each month beginning August through April.
• Electronic Check Payment (ECP) Monthly payments will be automatically debited from your checking or savings account.
• Credit Card Authorization (CCA) Monthly payments will be automatically charged to your credit card: Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express
1. Refunds requested will be issued, less a $50 withdrawal fee.
2. Refunds will be granted, less the $50 withdrawal fee, if a valid physician’s written excuse or proof of relocation out of the area are submitted. Refunds may be pro-rated based upon the remaining number of classes in the session.
3. The Park District reserves the right to review and make the final decision on all refunds.