Pottawatomie Camps - 2017
MAKE NEW FRIENDS! CAMP CREATES THE BEST CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!
Convenient Camps and Flexible Registration
Schedule your child’s day of fun around your family summer schedule for Kindergarten Camp, Adventure Day Camp, On The Go Camp, Before Camp and Beyond Camp.
Camps meet weekly, June 7 to August 11. New themes each week!
All camps meet in Pottawatomie Park with convenient curb side dropoff/pick up during regular camp hours. Camp counselors have experience working with children and are trained in CPR and First Aid. On inclement weather days, camp will be held in PCC.
Register online or at PCC using the NEW Summer Camp Registration Form.
For camp FAQs: click here
For the 2017 Event Calendars: June ~ July ~ August
For the 2017 Summer Camp Handbook: click here
For camp payment options and the refund policy: click here
Parents/guardians must complete additional Emergency & Medical Information Forms in order for campers to participate in Pottawatomie Camp. To complete this form online: click here
Add a Swim Lesson to your Camp Day!
Camp counselors will escort campers to and from swim lessons at Swanson Pool. These lessons begin at 9am. Choose codes 12787, 12792, 12795 or 12800.
Entering Kindergarten in 2017*
Future kindergartners will get a chance to enjoy the fun and excitement of camp: group games, arts & crafts, circle time, playground adventures, swimming at Swanson two times/week, minigolf and field trips. *Must be age 5 by Sep 1.
Explorers - Entering Grades 1 & 2
Navigators - Entering Grades 3 & 4
Make your summer a journey to remember! Participate in lively group games, arts & crafts, science experiments, minigolf, walking field trips and splashtacular water fun. Campers will swim weekly at Otter Cove and Swanson. There’s plenty of time to hang out and make new friends on these daily escapades.
On the Go Camp
Entering Grades 5 & 6
Take all the fun had in Adventure Camp – swimming, games, minigolf & more – and add in a dash of Teen Camp for an exciting twist on your summer experience! Every Thursday, these campers will travel to a Chicagoland destination for some added excitement.
Before & Beyond Camp
Entering Grades K-6
Need additional care for your child outside of the regular camp hours? Drop off as early as 7:15am, and pick up by 6pm each weekday. Campers will enjoy extra social time with friends, active games and more. An afternoon snack is provided in Beyond Camp. Children must be registered in a full day of camp to take advantage of these extended camp opportunities.
For more camp information, contact:
- Recreation Supervisor LynneYuill at 630-513-4326 or email@example.com
- Assistant Superintendent of Recreation Katie Miller at 630-513-4390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Payment Options
1. Pay the full activity registration fee at the time of registration.
2. Payment Plan: Electronic Check Payment (ECP)
• A $25 initial payment per session will secure your child’s place in Pottawatomie Camp. (Not required for Before & Beyond Camp).
• Choose to have weekly payments, determined by your total number of registered sessions, automatically withdrawn from your bankcard account. These payments will occur 7 days prior to the start of each session.
• Payment Option Types
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
- Electronic Check Payment (ECP)
Camp Refund Policy
1. Refunds requested will be issued, less a $25 withdrawal fee.
2. Refunds will be granted, less the $25withdrawal fee, if a valid physician’s written excuse or proof of relocation out of the area are submitted. Refunds may be pro-rated based upon the remaining number of classes in the session.
3. The Park District reserves the right to review and make the final decision on all refunds.
Enjoy many MORE different types of camps this summer!